One morning while I just reached office, I noticed that my G4 phone is restarting repeatedly. I took it light and perform all the basic troubleshooting like battery removal, full recharge of battery etc but issue did not resolve.
I have searched a lot and most people suggested to provide heat to cell main board using hair dryer etc, some suggesting to place it in freezer to cool down but nothing worked.
Finally I have found that this is actually manufacturing fault present in some variants of LG G4 and V10 series. The problem starts when phone heated up to some specific level. One big processor that is not properly soldered in these model, loses its some pins while heated up and phone went into an infinite boot loop.
Luckily, there is an easy fix in which effected processor cores disabled and phone starts normally. Disabling cores is slow down the phone a bit but make it live.
I am describing here the method briefly and also posting the important links to get help in detail;
1. Extract the downloaded G4 file .. Download Here
2. Now install the both files – LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi and LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_3_23.msi
3. Start the phone in download mode
Connect USB cable to phone to PC while holding Vol+ button.
4. Start the program “LGUP” from Desktop
6. Choose “Upgrade” and selct the Bin File
7. Click on the three dot button to choose file
8. Search the folder -“G4 series Big disable core MSM File_v3.0 tool”
9. Now open the relevant folder according to your Phone model
10. Select the files in that folder and hit start button
11. That’s all done.
1. http://lgviet.com/forum/threads/……lg-g4.57993/ open link in Google Chrome for easy translated page.
I will keep updated this page and will add some more useful info.